I am loving life.
Much of that comes from the following:
- Working on my knowledge pool
- Being open to new people, places, and things
- Working on my spiritual self
- Being open to change and forgiveness
- Working on my health and appearance
- Avoiding obsessions and silliness
- Working on improving my emotional landscape
- Being open to letting go of anxiety, fear, anger, rage
- Working on being wise
- Being open to reality even when unfair, improbable,
- Accepting truth, being courageous, living with normal failings and failures
You might think that my good fortune (which doesn’t have anything to do with a fortune), was merely luck. But I think that the foundation, the groundwork, that is built day-by-day, creates the ability to effectively open up to good choices, to be able to say ‘no’ to bad choices, and then to walk through the door of opportunity. And yes, that includes choosing my husband, who has been the most important part of getting to live in Germany for the past two years.
But all of that isn’t enough. Having a solid relationship with God, with his son, Jesus Christ, is the most important aspect of this foundation. With everything else, and without a solid place internally, spiritually, the emptiness will not and cannot be filled. Contentment and happiness, can’t truly bloom.
Like Covey said, big rocks first.
“On Christ the solid rock I stand. All other ground is sinking sand.” William Batchelder Bradbury (1816-1868)