Then check every 10 minutes until done.
Travel: One Suitcase-5 Weeks, pt. 1
Goal: 1 suitcase for two cities, 5 weeks
Week 1 Frankfurt, Germany: Build around Brooks, Ltd. LoDo Shirt
This is the second blog planning my packing list for travel to Frankfurt, then on to Johannesburg, South Africa. I am using my inspiration shirt, named after Denver’s Lower Downtown, hence the ‘LoDo’ part of the shirt description. LoDo is where Brooks, Ltd. atelier is located and is also the part of town you see college students, out-of-towners, and business folks mingling together at restaurants and venues.
I might have mentioned that I have “packing anxiety” and that has driven me to plan this trip well in advance. So, I am testing out my one-suitcase bullet wardrobe plan, beginning with five ways to wear the LoDo shirt while working, drinking kaffee, and shopping in Frankfurt, Germany. Oh, and I should tell you, I am going to be eating like a German foodie.
Here’s the bullet list for 5 choices for the first week of five weeks on the road:
- Lilac cotton zip-front LoDo shirt, that doubles as a lightweight jacket
- Navy slim-legged pants (J. Crew)
- Black leggings
- Silk floral shell — vintage from the 80s
- White lightweight cotton turtleneck (think of the movie ‘Something’s Gotta Give’)
- Black vintage Chanel Logo T-shirt (best all around T-shirt ever)
- Black ballet neck tea-length dress
- Black waterproof loafers (Hunter)
- Black logo tennis shoes (Coach)
- Silk print scarf
- Black scarf
- Rhinestone necklace (J. Crew)
These five choices easily fit into the suitcase with plenty of room for next week’s challenge– 4 weeks in Johannesburg!